Goethe-Institut Postdoctoral Fellowship at Haus der Kunst
- Published on %date%
- Redaktion Haus der Kunst
Inaugurated in 2013, the post-doctoral fellowship program is awarded to a promising and exceptional scholar for one academic year. The sixth fellowship is to start in August 2018.
Funded by the Goethe-Institut, the Goethe-Institut Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Haus der Kunst is designed for international emerging scholars whose research focuses on global perspectives on modern and contemporary art in the second half of the 20th century and the 21stcentury.
The fellowship shall concentrate on the research for a comprehensive exhibition project on the global art historical developments of the Post-colonial era covering the period 1955 - 1980. The project is the second of a trilogy whose first on Postwar: Art Between the Pacific and the Atlantic was on display from October 14th, 2016 to March 26th, 2017. The third chapter will be devoted to Post-communism. One of the main tasks of the academic year is the research and organization of a series of seminars and colloquia in preparation for the project.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completed doctorate degree in art history, museum studies or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of modern and contemporary art, with a global perspective and understanding on the art histories of 1945 onwards.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the field of research, education and/orexhibition practice at a research institute, university or art college.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, a second non-native language desirable.
- An overall remuneration package of 30.000 Euro for the entire year. This includes any health care and tax payments.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the successful candidate. Haus der Kunst will provide supplementary support to the scholar for accommodation in the amount of 300 Euro per month.
- Haus der Kunst will support the fellow in organizing administrational paperwork such as limited residency, work permit, etc.
- Fellow will be provided with work area and full access to the infrastructure of Haus der Kunst and facilities in Munich.
Interested scholars are invited to send their application via email to Isabella Kredler under firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be in English and include a Curriculum Vitae, bibliography, reference letters and a cover letter explaining the motivation for the application. The application deadline is January 14th, 2018.
For more information please contact:
Curatorial office at Haus der Kunst
The Goethe-Institut Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Haus der Kunst is financed by the Goethe-Institut e.V.